One of the problems with FASERIP as great a system as it is, is the lack of opposition to attacks. This can mean that enough average guys and girls with guns or fists can turn your street level hero into an unconscious bleeding mess. This is not particularly comics emulation appropriate, so here are some varying suggestions.
- Any no-name designated a mook needs better than a Yellow Result to strike a hero. They can’t do better than a basic result.
- Any no-name designated a mook needs a Red Result to strike a hero if they are two ranks or more lower. For example, a Typical Fighting thug trying to punch VanDemon who has Incredible Fighting. Or the same Typical Agility thug trying to shoot Redback, who has Remarkable Coordination.
- Give a hero a Column Shift in their benefit any time they are facing mooks.
- Give a hero a Colour shift in their benefit any time they are facing mooks.
- One hit, one mook down. Or group of, with appropriate results, as long as the hero is only trying to take them out, not kill them. This also speeds up low-rent fights cinematically.